Thursday, June 27, 2013

Social Media, how can it impact your college career?

Life

Growing up and living in the age of technology has been a blessing and a curse.  I have had the ability to reach cousins and friends around the world. 

I was so excited to get my email address for college, not to receive emails from school but to set up my Facebook account.  That was a problem. 

I did graduate...see photo.....

However, having access to technology really put a hinder on my school and increased my social life.   
Eventually I became successful in college but it really had a negative affect in school.  I encourage many young adults to think before they spend time in class on social media sights instead of learning.  



Here's a website I found that address how technology, especially social media has affected students in the classroom.  
Technology in the Classroom

2 comments:

  1. Here is an interesting article about Facebook and a study done of today's teenagers and why they are starting to move away from Facebook like they did with MySpace.

    http://www.edsocialmedia.com/2013/05/teens-social-media-5-highlights-of-pew-study/

    ReplyDelete